Just having sickness would be actually nice though. Nathaniel's birthday was on Wednesday, which meant that he needed to get his driver's license renewed. No problem, he went in last week (earlier in the week) to renew it. Oh wait. New law in place. He needed his birth certificate. Well, we searched all over for it, and asked Nathaniel's dad if he knew where it was. No luck. So we needed to get a new one. We figured it'd be easier/faster/better to order it online, but seeing as we were told that if he didn't get his license renewed before it expired he'd have to take the test again, we expedited it to get it here before Wednesday. We ended up paying over $100 to get it shipped to us. Wednesday rolled around, and it didn't look as though it was coming. We were a fair bit upset. It didn't even show that it had shipped. We did actually end up having a bit of luck with that however. Because Nathaniel came home from work early, he was actually there when the UPS guy came with it. Apparently, someone forgot to push the button saying it had shipped. So, he gathered up everything he needed, and went down there. *breathes a sigh of relief* So he got everything done, and then they gave him the eye exam, and his (12-year-old) prescription wasn't good enough. So it was a no-go on the license again. He had to get new glasses first (or at least the doctor visit). Luckily, we were mis-informed earlier, and as long as he got his license renewed within 6 months he wouldn't have to take the test. Unfortunately, that meant he could have easily gone in to get his birth certificate, which we found out (from a co-worker) would have cost about $20.
That evening was good though. My parents came over to visit and give Nathaniel his birthday gifts. All 5 of us were feeling a bit under the weather, but that didn't stop Jessica from getting excited about the ribbon wrapped around the gifts.
So... As I said earlier, Nathaniel was sick all week, on Friday we went to the doctor. Well, we figured that since we were out and about, we'd also get Nathaniel's eye appointment taken care of, so he could get his license. So we go that (and yes, his prescription did get a lot worse) and we ordered lenses, though we decided to have them put into his current frames, despite their age, because they have lasted through so much, and also it was more cost effective than trying to find similar frames brand new again. More being the operative word there. There went another almost $300 that wasn't expected. Let me tell ya, I'm really starting to feel that pinch. We're just very lucky that we've had a "Rainy Day" fund to pull from for these expenses.
Thursday was rough for me because of some things in the kitchen. I'd tried a new recipe for cookies, and they didn't turn out at all, and then the cake I made for Nathaniel looked horrible, because it stuck to the pans, when it was supposed to come out, and so was falling apart. That and it had over-flowed in the oven, so that was fun too. (Not) It did taste good, but I was still a wreck by the end of the day.
Friday I hit 30 weeks along in my pregnancy, so here's the customary picture.
Saturday was better. Nathaniel and I splurged and went out on a date for his birthday. Dinner and a movie, but hey, a night (okay, afternoon) out with my husband without the kiddo? Beautiful!
And one last picture for good measure, Jessica playing with her Mama's shoes, just because high-heels are so much more fun to play in than regular shoes.





2 comments:
Wow... Sounds like you guys got hit with the same thing that I did. It's been over a week and a half and while I'm mostly recovered, like Jess I'm still having little coughing fits every now and then. Ack! I hope Nathaniel feels better. And that sucks about the birth certificate ordeal, and the cake not turning out. That happened to me this year with Robert's birthday cake, it wouldn't come out of the pan and ended up breaking and getting crumbs everywhere. Luckily he didn't mind, and thanked me for the effort. It WAS tasty... Sometimes those sorts of things happen with new recipes. Heh. Pretty mama! Looks like all the baby weight is just going to your belly! And cute Jessica pictures, the ribbon and heels. Oh, I saw an adorable hat at Costco the other day that I grabbed for her. Couldn't resist. I'll send you a picture. (:
Glad you got a night out--or was it an early bedtime for Jessica? Who babysat for you? And you look darling pregnant:)
Post a Comment