Monday, October 1, 2012

Run-of-the-Mill

     Well, a number of littler things happened this week, but it was basically a normal week. Let's see if I can remember it. Heh.
     At the beginning of the week we figured out something else to try with Jacob to possibly get him to sleep for more than 1 to 2 hours at a time. We'd been using music to lull him to sleep, but we decided to start playing it throughout the night too. Well, the first night we tried it, we didn't have much luck, but the music was really quiet. So I turned up the volume the next night, and he slept for 4 hours straight! YAY! Unfortunately, the next day I was really struggling a bit much with the diet I have adopted for him, and so I had some things I shouldn't have, and he hasn't slept that long (without being held) since. (Saturday night Nathaniel took him for the 2nd half of the night, and I got 5 hours straight of sleep, which was heavenly).
Wednesday, as per usual, we headed over to Mom's for some fun time. We all enjoy those weekly days with 'Grandma'.  This time, Jessica found something that Uncle Billy had left out... His new snowboarding boots. Looks like she's ready to hit the slopes

      Thursday I decided to cash in a groupon that I had, and go dancing. I got a punch card for some Zumba classes that was really inexpensive (and now I don't have to pay anything when I actually go) I was way excited about it. It's the latest thing that is hyped up around here, and a lot of people rave about it. It was fun. It wasn't quite the hugely intense workout that I'd expected. It was very definitely a LOT of cardio, and it was slightly harder because I'd completely spaced bringing my water bottle. But I did enjoy it, so I will try to continue to use my punch card when I can. Unfortunately, they had the music SUPER LOUD. I was surprised I didn't come out with a headache from it. 
      Friday night we started a regular game night with some friends. Nathaniel is GMing an RPG. (game-master and role-playing-game) It was lots of fun having everyone over, even if I was up way too late. Plus, I'm actually getting excited about playing. (Nathaniel's letting me have my character be a fairy) I think it could end up being very fun. 
     Saturday was super busy. I was shopping all morning trying to find clothes to wear for my brother's wedding in about a week and a half. I finally found a white collared shirt for this little munchkin...
  
And I found brown shoes for me. But finding chocolate brown and Carolina blue (sky blue) clothes for me.... not so easy. So, in the next couple days I'll probably end up going to the fabric store and make some clothes instead. Here's hoping the super-easy shirt pattern that I found works well. Saturday afternoon we had family pictures with all of my family, so when I got home from shopping it was basically feed kiddos, feed me, get me ready, get them up, baths, dressed, go out again. And that evening we had the General Relief Society meeting for the women of our church, so after pictures it was get home, feed kids, change into a skirt, go out AGAIN. Unfortunately, where these meetings are usually uplifting and wonderful, and I come away feeling good, this time it wasn't so much the case. I felt very worn-down and ragged. It was as though the talks either ripped open the very fresh wounds of my Dad dying, or they were telling me I wasn't good enough (which I know they weren't, they were talking about all the good that the women of the church do, but were talking about everything that I DON'T do; so they were praising others, not insulting me) 
  
We did have this happen this week though. Jacob is pulling himself up to standing fairly regularly. He does still sometimes fall back down, but he's up. (And look at the rolls on those legs, really is he not the most adorable ever)
     

1 comment:

Than & Lina said...

It seems like loud music is the way with zumba. Does the place you go offer punch cards to anyone? I was really hoping the Orem Fitness Center had punch cards, but they don't. Anyway, I have what I believe is a chocolate brown skirt and maybe a sky blue shirt or two if you want to check them out. If you have ever heard of "The Happiest Baby/Toddler on the Block" by Harvey Karp, he has a new book out. The Orem Library has it. It isn't so much a method (although he briefly covers a few possibilities) as it is a lot of helpful suggestions (to choose from) to help your baby sleep. Some are common sense (although I seem to forget those ideas too often), but I like it. "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" is another good one. It sort of has a method, but the method is largely one that you create based on what you choose from her sleep-helping ideas. I think many/most of the suggestions in both books would resonate with you.