Yes, you read that right. A flood. Well, sort of, not quite as much in my apartment. This past Sunday we came home from my parent's house to find everyone doing something in the bottom end apartment. When Nathaniel asked what was going on, he found out that our neighbor's water heater had burst, and so the downstairs apartment was being soaked from top to bottom. Not cool. I felt especially bad for them because the mom in that apartment is about 8 or 9 months pregnant. So Nathaniel brought me inside and then he was going to go down and help them move things out. Well, as I was walking through the kitchen to turn on the light and shut the blinds, I stepped in a large puddle. It was coming through the bottom of our walls as well. Not fun. So we had to have people come help us as well. Jessica had been exhausted all day, and hadn't been able to sleep, and still wasn't able to get to bed because we had too much excitement going on as we moved everything away from our west wall. Luckily, nothing got ruined. Some of the furniture got wet, along with a few other things. Luckily, my piano didn't even get touched by the water, and we moved it before it could get touched. The furniture that did get wet is now dry, because we were able to move it in time. We were the least affected by the whole ordeal. I feel really bad for the 2 end apartments who had to move everything out, and won't be able to move back in for probably at least a month because they have to do some demolition, and rebuild the walls and ceiling. So, it took forever to get Jessica to sleep that night (midnight) and then she woke up around 3 for food, and then again at 6. That wasn't very fun. I didn't get much sleep myself. The next day, the professionals came by to see what the damage was and get started on fixing it. So now we have fans going constantly, and they are really loud, and driving me bonkers because I can't hear a thing, and I keep straining to hear if Jessica is crying in her crib. There was also apparently some mold in our kitchen, not from this incident, but there is some. So we will have to get that fixed before I can get my apartment back. So yeah, that is our little flooding incident
No comments:
Post a Comment