Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I love seeing family, but....

but why does it have to be in such sad situations? 4 months ago, at the end of December, my mother-in-law, Roxie McBride passed away after a very late diagnosis of cancer. It was very sudden and unexpected for all of us. Luckily, Nathaniel and I had already planned a trip to Washington for Christmas, and were in a position financially to be able to stay longer to be with Mama. It was great seeing all the McBrides, especially for longer than we had planned, but definitely not a fun situation.
     2 weeks ago, Grandpa McBride passed away. He'd been struggling with his health for a while now, so it was not necessarily surprising, but still very sad. Papa, Amara, and Robert all came down for the funeral, and it was wonderful being able to see them, even though Papa and Amara left very shortly after arriving. However, I really wish it could have been something other than a funeral that brought them. Especially for Papa. His wife, then his father, and now...
     Yesterday, Grandma McBride passed away. I guess you know what they say, when it rains it pours, or bad things come in 3s. That means we're done right?! I truly hope so, I don't think we can take much more of this. Robert is still down here, and will stay through the funeral, Oscar and Carley, and Papa and Robin will be coming down for the funeral, so it will be wonderful to see them, and they are staying longer this time. Plus, Nathaniel and I will finally get to meet Robin.  But again, I really strongly wish it weren't such a sad situation. This is it okay everyone! No more funerals/deaths in either side of the family (or among friends) for oh, say, 80-90 more years (if not longer)

No comments: