Well, this past weekend, our little family took a weekend away. We have a timeshare, and some of the points were going to expire, so we used up those points and got away from it all. Quite literally actually. We left Friday after Nathaniel got off work, and we drove about 11/2hours north of here, and then through a canyon. When we got through to the other side, I noticed it was GREEN! And I don't just mean green for Utah. There were trees COVERING the mountains. I thought I had somehow fallen asleep for 14 hours, and woken up in Washington. It was even cooler and rainy all weekend. We stayed at a resort called Wolf Creek, in this little tiny town called Eden. But when I say we got away from it all, this is what I mean. We had NO cell reception, and the only internet connection was the slightly-faster-than-dial-up connection that we had to pay for through the resort.
So, what did we do? A whole lot of nothing, and it was FABULOUS! I didn't happen to take any pictures actually, but the resort is condo-style rooms, so we had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, bedroom, living room, the works. The kitchen was separated from the living room by a counter, and we used chairs and the table to block off the exits from the living room, so we were able to just let Jessica run, and I really didn't have to worry about chasing her down. They did have a pool at the resort, and I had brought our swimming suits, but with the high temperature of the weekend probably being around 65 degrees, and Jessica's fear of water, we didn't go swimming at all.
Unfortunately, Nathaniel came down with a sinus infection shortly before we left, but we got an antibiotic prescription, and it started to clear right up. And then Jessica started coughing lots and lots throughout the nights. Oh well. We'll go to the doctor again, and hope she didn't get the same thing. So we really did just spend all of our time just relaxing. I loved it. I really didn't have to do anything except make sure Jessica was fed, diapered, and took her nap/bedtime; and make meals for us. So much better than the giant to-do lists I have at home. Plus! They had a dishwasher! YAY! we don't have one, so that was especially nice. We came home on Monday, so Nathaniel did miss the one day of work, and we unpacked, and relaxed some more.
One cute story about Jessica from up there. There was a painting of a fox on the wall in the living room, and she couldn't quite seem to figure out what it was. She kept pointing at it and saying "meowuff". Apparently, it looked like a mix between a cat and a dog, so she combined the sounds they make to describe what it was. So apparently a fox is a "meowuff".
And that was our trip. Very nice and restful.
Installing Zend Server CE on Fedora 16
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment