Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas, Date Night, Vaccines, DoTERRA and Viruses

      What do all of those have to do with each other? Absolutely nothing, except that its been my week, and it has felt really crazy this past week. I would say I'm looking forward to a calmer week this next week, but with Thanksgiving, making food for Thanksgiving, and my need due to pregnancy to split that out over 3-4 days, next week will probably be pretty hectic too.
      Most of what I've been doing on a lot of days is working on Christmas. Most of the gifts we're giving this year are homemade. However, because the people that I'm giving them to read my blog, we'll have to wait until after Christmas to have pictures. (And unfortunately, the 1 I've already given, due to not being able to see them over the Holidays, I didn't get a picture of. Oh well, I'm trying to be better about the rest) I now have gifts finished for 5 people, and gifts for 6 people left. Almost halfway, but 1 of them (my dad) will be getting a food-oriented gift (I don't think he reads this, oops if he does) so that one can wait until the very last week, and shouldn't be too much of an issue to put together. I do have THE BIGGEST project done. I started it quite a while back, (okay, really, I started it around Christmas last year) but it took far more work than I had anticipated, so its a good thing I started it so soon. Turned out gorgeous though. Grr, I want to post pictures. But I can't chance people seeing. *sigh*
      Wednesday we were able to have a date night! That was awesome. The past 5 weeks (during which time I was able to figure out a large contributing factor to my exhaustion, and fix it) we'd been going to our HypnoBirthing classes on Wednesdays, so that had been our date, and prior to that, the exhaustion had control of my life.  I'm not going to go into HypnoBirthing here, I'd rather keep soap boxes out of my blog, and I get kinda passionate about some of the topics. However, if you have questions about HB you can either email me, or go to graciousrain.com and click on the HypnoBirthing tab. Anyway, so, since I actually would be able to stay up as late as 10pm, *gasp* "I know, extremely late isn't it" (hey, its a far cry better than 8) I grabbed a movie from my Mom's house and Nathaniel and I ordered pizza, and cuddled, and watched a movie. It was so nice. Definitely need to do that again. ;)
      Wednesday, Jessica and I both got vaccines. She got her last one (HepA) along with the flu shot, and I just got the flu shot. We saw the effects on Thursday. I'd been using our sample of essential oils, which may (or may not) have had anything to do with this, but I didn't see any ill effects from the flu shot. Okay, other than a sore arm. Jessica however, when we got home from our walk on Thursday, she was very cuddly, which isn't terribly normal. So, I cuddled with her for a while, and found that she was VERY hot to the touch. So I got out our thermometer, and found that she had a temperature of 100.6. Not dangerously high, but still high. So we cuddled some more, and then when she got down, she went over to lay down on the couch, and promptly fell asleep for another hour (this is after her 2 hour afternoon nap).

Later, she also threw up. Now, that may or may not have been in direct relation (side effect of) the flu shot. However, I find it more likely that there was a certain food/snack we'd given her earlier that she didn't chew up all the way, and her body probably was just having a harder time digesting it, especially with trying to fight the flu vaccine (creating antibodies). She seemed to feel better after that 1 instance, and so we then put her to bed at 7 (which is an hour early for her).
     Friday morning she was feeling lots better, and had no fever, which was good, and also meant I could go to my friend's DoTERRA party. DoTERRA is a brand of Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. I (with what little experience I have with them) LOVE them. I have been able to fight off colds (and take care of the symptoms) in under a week, when they normally last a month or more. I also got a burn, and it was gone in about a day, and the same oil (lavender) has been helping Jessica's diaper rash, and helped some acne I had. I'm not trying to replace 'modern medicine', and if its something we need to go to the doctor for, we will, but if I can keep us healthy, and not have to use the OTC medicines that have so many chemicals and side effects (and some can even be addicting) then I'm all for it, and so far, it is seeming to be working.
      The Viruses have nothing to do with us actually. They are for my computer. I got the same virus 2 days in a row, and it was a particularly nasty one. We've had to basically reinstall my computer twice in the past 2 days. Friday and Saturday. Luckily, when we set up my computer, Nathaniel "made an image" of a specific part of the hard drive, and I don't put anything there, and never let anything go there, so he is able to restore back to that point (from 2 years ago), which ends up taking far less time than a full re-install, and should be just as clean. Hey! Maybe my photo editing software will work now! Still has been really annoying getting everything back to the way I like it (such as bookmarks, and my sticky notes etc.) but much less annoying than it would be to do a FULL reinstall. Yay! Love my honey! And that has been my week. Hoping this next week goes better, and I'm pretty sure it will.

2 comments:

Carley said...

Hehe, I can wait until Christmas to see "pictures" of Christmas presents. (; Hooray for date night - which movie did you watch? I know some people don't quantify it as a "date night" unless you go out and do something, but that's a pain in the neck and as long as you have YOU time, of course it's a date night. Yay! I'm glad that Jessica recovered so quickly from her barfies. Aren't essential oils awesome?! And while viruses suck, hooray for not having to set everything back up again. Oscar installed the new Droid OS on his phone and it messed everything up, so he had to wipe the phone and is having to set everything back up again. It's a pain. :( But... we leave for UT in exactly one month! :D

Cynthia said...

I know what you mean about not posting Christmas gift pics. I did that last year--had to wait before posting pics of kids clothes I made. Don't forget to take pictures, though! I wondered what movie you chose, too.