Jacob had his 2 month well-baby appointment on Wednesday. Everything went well, he looks healthy, all reflexes and eyes, ears, heart, lungs etc. look good. He weighed in with a gain of 4 pounds at 12 lbs 1 oz (putting him in the 75th percentile) Considering Jessica only gained 6 pounds by her 1 year, I think we'll be doing much better with this little guy. However, it does seem that he's taking after me in height, at least for now. He has only grown 1 1/2 inches, putting him in the 25th percentile. So, he's short, with a little chub, and its adorable. His head is 16 inches around, and at the 70th percentile, its being a lot more "normal" than Jessica's was. (She was always 95th or above)
The other thing is that we're getting further along in the potty training. Jessica is still in diapers, but I've been trying to ask her every 45 minutes if she needs to use the potty, and generally she not only goes pee, but will also be dry a good number of times. (Twice in a row this morning!) Plus, she has now pooped in the toilet twice! Tentative plans, depending on how the rest of the week goes, is to switch her to underwear and go full-blown potty training next week. (I'm just scared to actually do so, especially with still having Jacob to take care of).
So, now the best part, the pictures, though there aren't that many for this week.
Here is Jacob, today, in his new hat. It is an infant hat, but is obviously too big for him. That's okay, it means it'll fit all summer, and possibly next as well. *crosses fingers* Don't worry, both kids were also slathered in sunscreen on this beautiful, warm, sunny day. (We were out for almost 3 hours, and I don't think anyone burned, despite my forgetting to put sunscreen on myself)
And here is Jessica's new hat, because hers that we bought her first summer (2 years ago) is now too small. She was very insistent on which hat we buy. I had found some others first, asked if she wanted/liked them... "No." So we bought this one, because she finally said yes. She also has new sunglasses, shown here, because we lost her others at the Women's Expo when Mom and I went on Friday. These are way cuter.
This one should have been posted last week. When we were visiting "Grandma Kim's" Kim asked Mauri and Tristan to go deliver some thank you notes to some of the houses on her street. (which is very NOT busy, and the houses were only 2-3 doors away)Tristan didn't want to, so, as a way to help Mauri feel more responsible, (and to make it so that Jessica would be included more later) Kim asked if Mauri could take Jessica. Aaaah, mother-bear instinct! Keep her safe! Absolutely not! I allowed it... as long as Mauri held her hand the ENTIRE time. And I watched from the front window, behind the lace curtains, so they didn't see me watching, but I could see them the whole time. Yeah, still fighting nightmares of what could have happened as I write about it, but it was a good thing, for both of them, and for me. Jessica, as you can tell from the look on her face, (though my phone's camera isn't as good) was thrilled by it.
And this was on Saturday at Grandma Kim's again. We had Jessica go out into the grass barefoot because it was such a beautiful day. Yeah, This is her running back because she did NOT like the feel of it. She was tip-toeing around with her arms out, and trying to keep her feet out as well, but obviously that didn't work, Just made her look like a cat with tape on its paws. HILARIOUS! But I put her shoes and socks on her so she could keep playing.



2 comments:
I'm sorry you're sick, and I'm sorry I've missed this last week and a half of visiting. :( But I passed clinical with flying colors. :D Hooray for healthy baby (CUTE baby!), new hats, and warm weather! I'm so excited to see you guys this summer!!
Way to go, Mom, for letting Jessica go for that walk with Maia (sp?) That photo really does show how worth it for Jessica it was.
Post a Comment