Yes, I know, her birthday was a couple weeks ago, but this week is when we celebrated it, which means I spent a LOT of the week getting ready and making gifts etc. I will also have birthday pictures scattered throughout.
 |
| Jessica wanted a "piggy party" so I made a piggy cake. I think I did pretty dang good too. ;) |
I think I did a little better this week than last, but not by much. Some days were good, some were really bad. Tuesday was one of the good days, despite all the political happenings. Not that voting is a bad thing, just everyone's political rantings.
 |
| Jessica being shy for her picture. Yes, I know. Lots of pink. I only realized after the fact that it could look like I was trying to go as girly as possible. No, I wanted pig, with as few 'expensive' decorations as possible. So pink it was. |
Tuesday was election day, so in the morning I packed up the kids and we headed to the polls. We got there, and thank Heaven it was a short line. But as we were standing there Jessica started asking to take books home from the library. I was so confused, and kept telling her that we were not at a library. She pointed into the room, and sure enough, there were a lot of books. So I, thinking it was just a well-stocked teacher's room, explained that while yes, there were a lot of books, it wasn't a library, so we wouldn't be bringing books home from there, but maybe we could stop by the library later. So, continuing on, I sit there and notice that the sign by this teacher's door actually says "Head Librarian". "
Well, that explains how well-stocked his room is." (I thought). A little bit later I notice that under that it reads "Library". LOL OOPS! So, apparently it was indeed a library. So I apologized to Jessica, and told her that it was indeed a library, but it wasn't OUR library, so we still wouldn't be bringing books home from there. After the polls we went by our library (just to be fair to her) and picked out some books, and stayed for storytime, which she seemed to LOVE.
 |
| Stylin' my new headband Mama made for me. (Yes, the kids' faces are blurred on purpose, I didn't have permission to post pictures of them, this is my workaround :D) |
So, at the end of the week, it snowed, quite a bit. Jessica seemed to like it a lot, but she also came down with something (don't know what, she has a cough, and her voice sounds funny) so I didn't want to take her outside. Okay, okay, that's my excuse. I didn't want to go out myself either, and I was super busy trying to get the stuff ready for the party. I'm hoping the snow is still here tomorrow, so I can take her out to play, despite her being sick.
 |
| And Jessica decided that this little guy (not using names for same reason as faces) needed a "mandana" as Brian called it. It actually looked not too bad. |
Despite her being sick, we still held Jessica's "piggy party", which I thought was a success. Jessica was spoiled, though it was kept to "imagination building" toys. ;) (non-electronic) Yes, I know I'm weird, or depriving my child, however you want to look at it. I just think we have enough electronics "rotting her brain" in our house as it is. ;) It was a small party, but I enjoyed it, and Jessica seemed to love it. By the end of the evening though, I was super exhausted. Once we got Jessica and Jacob in bed, I went to bed. I woke up a little bit later, hearing Jacob cough.:( Uh-oh, he got sick too. His cough had me scared too. It was that "seal barking" type of cough, but it was gone this morning. He still sounds sick, and still coughs, but the cough just sounds normal. So yeah, that's my week in a nutshell. Still struggling, but did slightly better than previously. Here's hoping I keep improving.
 |
| Playing with the matching game Mama made for me. |
 |
| Showcasing the piggy hats I made for the kids (though they ended up not really wearing them) and Jessica's excitement about the cake/candles. |
 |
| Obviously have to have this picture. |
 |
| And, last, but not least, the purse, complete with keys, cell phone, mirror, lipstick, coin purse, and debit card. Thanks Grandma! |
No comments:
Post a Comment