Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

     Giving thanks right now is a little hard. A particularly difficult time in my life happened right around Thanksgiving (6 years ago) and then this year, its the first major holiday without my dad. I do have a lot to be grateful for, but it is just hard to remember right now. Its also hard to actually make myself do anything. At least I'm not beating myself up over it (very much) anymore. So, there are no blog posts for today, and its going to be short. We had Thanksgiving with my family. The next night we had some friends over for pie, and I did get my shopping done (I think) on Black Friday... from the comfort of my home, in my pajamas. Over the weekend I did finish a project I've been working on. I've been cleaning and organizing my kitchen in little spurts. Little sections at a time, the visible sections of my kitchen have been de-junked, and it is pretty much done now. I now have more space in my kitchen, it LOOKS clean, and I've got a fair bit of stuff to sell on my online yardsale. Now I get to move on to the de-junking of cupboards.
     So, the only thing I'll really be writing about is Jacob's doctor appointment from last week... Tuesday I think.  Jacob is doing well. He's just about average in height and weight. 20 pounds 9 ounces puts hims squarely in the 50th percentile. 28 inches tall puts him in the 45th percentile there. And for head, well... We're not very surprised by the fact that at 18.5 inches, he's in the 85th percentile for head circumference.  He's doing well developmentally,  but still struggles with sleeping through the night. Last night was literally every 2 hours on. the. dot. (Until 3:30 am, when he didn't go back to sleep) We're going to start working on that this week. Here's hoping we can get some sleep training to really work, even though he's already 9 1/2 months, and they say that the older they are the harder.

No comments: