Sunday, September 21, 2014

Reading and Sleeping

Well, I don't have any pictures for you this week, and not a whole lot to write about, but hey, at least I'll write something. There are a couple stories. So, first off, as we were driving around, I noticed that the leaves were turning red and I pointed out out to Jessica.
                Me: "Look! The leaves are turning red."
                Jessica: "Oh! It's like they're bleeding!"
                Me: "......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Also, this week, Jessica has started being able to read. Not tons, but she has sounded out words, and she has read, pretty much by herself (getting help from me on words that aren't really sound-out-able) almost a whole book. (Little Critter "Just Go To Bed") She got tired of it, because it was a bit hard, but still! Awesome!

And last but not least, we started Timothy sleep training. (Of course, when I say we, I mean I, because I just didn't think it was wise to try to handle the 3 naptimes and naptime/preschool at the same time anymore. So, I wait until he's obviously tired, and I feed him, and rock him just for a bit, and then set him down. So far we're 3 and 2 success to failure rate. (Failure being he cries for more than 15 minutes, so I get him back up. We'll see how it progresses in the next few weeks. Hopefully more successes and fewer failures.

2 comments:

Oscar said...

Do you mean 4 nap times? :P

Sarah said...

nope Oscar, I mean 3. Jessica doesn't nap.