Baby feet! who doesn't love baby feet? So very cute. Yes, he does go barefoot when he isn't wearing footie jammies/rompers. I try to put socks on him, but they just fall right off. So he keeps a blanket on most of the time.
So, this is a picture of one of his favorite positions...He'll just hold the one arm up. Reminiscent of Superman. So very cute. I thought it worked especially well with the hero shirt.
And here we have Jessica (who is currently repeating "oh goodness gracious" in the background) trying to put her pajamas back on. They are footie pjs. So, fairly obvious that she got a leg in the sleeve.
This one is harder to see what is going on. Nathaniel does have his arm under Jacob, supporting him, but is not assisting in movement at all, Jacob got his feet under himself and pushed his bum up into the air. He'd been laying on the blanket (tummy time) and had been pushing with his legs as if he'd been trying to crawl. That's why Nathaniel even put his hand under him, and then without his body flat on the blanket, he actually did get some movement.
Jacob seems to be our physical genius. Jessica's ability to make connections, remember locations, and vocabulary are astounding (at least, I have a lot of people comment, and some of the connections and remembering surprise me) but while Jacob isn't as flexible, there was the trying to crawl, and other things physically that seem well ahead of "normal". This picture I'm just supporting his weight a little. He pushed his legs up straight, and held them there long enough to take a picture. He's been doing this one for a week or 2. From the first week, he'd lift his head back (off our shoulder) and then LOWER it back down. The head going back could have been just the normal floppy baby head, but to then slowly lower it back down... We were impressed.
And one last one... I am just barely touching his head, to keep it from flopping back too far, and he is not even touching my legs. That's right, as long as he's got some help for his neck muscles, my 1-month-old is sitting.
And, so here is the proud mama. Yup I've got super babies. ;) And hey, these last 4 pictures were taken today, so there we go, 1 month portraits as well. Yes, I was bragging, the things seem unusual for me, but I'm really going just based off memory from Jessica. So they may not be all that unusual. Let me have my fantasy.



1 comment:
Woohoo! Already exercising! The walks will be fabulous for you (assuming you're marginally rested). Cute cute pictures! Jacob is getting so big! And already able to "stand" with support for a bit? Cutie cutie! And you're looking great! Are you already fitting into those jeans? Wowza. Super baby, super mom! (: I'll find out at the end of next week what my clinical schedule is for next quarter, and if I don't happen to have clinical for part of the time that Oscar is down there in April, I'm hoping to come down for a bit. I'd love to see you guys again so soon! Give my love and hugs to Jessica! :D <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment