Monday morning we took Jacob in to be circumcised. Some of you will remember that there was a rather long/involved discussion on Nathaniel's Facebook wall about circumcision, and people's views on it. Well, that didn't happen until after the fact. We had done a little research, and felt that it was best for Jacob. He did really well with it. His biggest complaint while there at the doctor, was when they took the binky away to give him the sugar water. (The sugar water was to distract him while they anesthetized his skin.) Unfortunately, later that day he did feel the pain, and he was awake for about 5 or 6 hours straight, and every time he would start falling asleep, I would feel him quiver, and then he'd fuss a little before calming back down. :( So we got some infant pain reliever and gave him that for the first day. After that he has been acting just fine. But with that, and Jessica's bump, it felt like I spent a lot of time this week taking care of injured kids. But they're both fine now, and the bigger problem was more the cold at the beginning of the week keeping us cooped up inside. I have noticed that Jessica does a lot better, and is a lot easier to deal with if we are able to go outside, or just go somewhere. (Nathaniel has the car, so I have to walk if we go anywhere).
Picture break
Apparently, the Pooh Bear is Jessica's doll, because this is where (and how) I often put Jacob down. So, when Jacob was down in the crib, Jessica put her teddy bear there exactly how Mama does with Baby Brother.
Thursday was my birthday, but on Thursday was basically just like any other day, except for the stream of text messages, calls, and facebook messages telling me Happy Birthday. It was great. Made me feel very loved. We decided to wait until the weekend to celebrate though, because it makes it so we can go to lunch and a matinee, which is easier for babysitting, and on the wallet.
Friday, I walked Jessica and Jacob over to the library, and then the park, which made the day a lot easier... except for 1 thing. I found that with the breastfeeding and the sudden shift warmer, I get dehydrated easier. Which means that I get headaches again. Jessica was better on Friday, but I still had a rough day taking care of her because of a splitting headache, that got so bad it was making me nauseous too.
Yesterday was our date. WOOHOO!!! We don't go out very often, though we do have a night every week set aside for us. Its just hard with the added cost of a babysitter to do so. But I at least had fun, and I think Nathaniel did too. We went to watch The Lorax, and then to dinner/lunch (3:30, so I'm not sure which it was). I loved the movie, which was a musical! I thought it was hilarious, and the songs were very catchy. Though I have to admit that my favorite song was the "bad-guy" song. It just, in my opinion, had the best music. Yes, it was a propaganda "save the earth" type of movie, but really... that's what the original book by Dr. Seuss was, so I had no problem with that. (I don't have much of a problem with them anyway, except that some go WAAAAY over the top with it.)
Oh! Jessica's been doing very well with our most recent attempt at potty training. I am still keeping her in her diapers, but I ask her with almost every diaper change if she wants/needs to go pee on the toilet. Pretty much every time I ask, she says yes, and as of the end of this week, the majority of the times she's sat on the toilet, she actually does go. YAY!!! I'm thinking, sometime this next week, I'll be starting to ask her more often than just diaper changes, so we can hopefully get it before a diaper gets wet. We'll then go from there to see when we go to the underwear/pull-ups stage. Aaand... yeah, I think that's it for us.



No comments:
Post a Comment