Monday, August 13, 2012

6 months

      Seriously! Jacob turned 6 months old yesterday. No, he hasn't had his well-baby check up yet. I need to set that up for this week. He is "crawling" everywhere though. Okay, no hands and knees, but he's army crawling, and goodness he's quick. Jessica rolled everywhere, which means she had to go in a half circle to get to something directly in front of her. With Jacob's army crawl... its a straight line, and he's always seemed to have really strong muscles. He is also sitting up for a decent amount of time. I don't feel comfortable walking away from him while he's sitting, and he hasn't pushed himself up to sitting, but that will probably be soon. His latest favorite is to jump. Or, in other words, have us jump him. It seems that he could sit there for hours grinning and laughing with us jumping him, if we would. If our(my) arms didn't feel like they were going to fall off. My goodness though, 6 months. It went a heck of a lot faster this time around.(Imagine that)  Unfortunately, he has not been sleeping through the night yet, and recently has decided that waking up every hour to hour and a half is a good idea. I keep trying to convince him otherwise... its not working.
     These past two weeks have been kinda crazy. Oscar and Carley came into town, and so that's basically all I remember. We spent a lot of time hanging out with family, which was fabulous. Carley also taught me a new craft, and I'm having a blast making bracelets and bookmarks with it. She also convinced me to go ahead with something I was tossing around in my head. I have been wanting to sell my craft items for a while, but from what I hear, boutique booths are not cheap. Well, I found a farmer's market that had booths for relatively inexpensive (at least in my opinion). Then, as I was tossing that idea around, determining if I could manage it, and if I had enough items to sell, my sister told me of one that is actually free to have a booth. So, with both Nathaniel and Carley talking me into it, (okay, and myself wanting to, but I was being scared) I have decided that I will be selling my craft items at the Eagle Mountain Farmer's Market. I will probably only go for one week in mid-September, but I'm actually pretty excited about it. I don't have tons to sell, but I think it very well might last the day, it only needs to last 3-4 hours. I will have pictures on here sometime before then, in case anyone wants to reserve/pre-order anything. ;) (and just to show off my stuff, because I'm like that.)
     The only things in specific that I really remember are a movie we all went to, and then Carley and I took my kids to the aquarium on Wednesday. That was fun. Its always way better (in my opinion) to bring another adult. Not only do I have help, but Jessica has someone to be excited with, because they're not trying to push a stroller, keep a baby from crying, and then also keep her entertained.
Okay, so, since I can't remember anything else, here are some pictures from the week.
This is at "Grandma Kim's" (Grandma to one of Jessica's cousins) Jessica was apparently content to just sit and read. I'm definitely okay with that. ;)

So cool. A couple of the frogs decided that it would be awesome to sit on the glass. This was just one of the regular frogs from Utah. The Poison Dart Frogs were on their glass too, but their exhibit was darker, and they're black on the stomach, so it was harder to see. 

And of course, as a 2 1/2 year old, climbing on everything is a requirement.

The aquarium does this cool thing around mid-day every day (at least every time I've gone) called Animal Encounter. They bring out one of the animals and let you meet them. They tell facts about the animal, and, depending on the animal, allow you to pet it. This was a gopher snake. Jessica was a little nervous at first, but she did end up petting it. I unfortunately wasn't quite ready with the camera, so I didn't get a picture of that. Yay for learning!

1 comment:

Than & Lina said...

It is crazy how kids grow so fast! Sounds like Jacob is keeping you on your toes. Hooray for adults to go along on outings!