In keeping with being honest, and presenting an honest look at my life, (In other words, not sugar coating and pretending that I'm perfect) I'm not doing well. I have a serious case of "the Blah's" and it is being rough to deal with. Most of you will know how much I LOVE Christmas and the Christmas season. Especially all the baking, and crafting that it gives me an excuse to do. Let me put it this way. Christmas isn't even being able to cheer me up, and it scares me.
However, in keeping with TRYING to be happy, that's all I'm going to write about that. This week I/we did a couple things both for tradition/fun's sake, but also as an attempt to get me up where I "should" (want to) be.
Monday: I think the first 2 were actually on Monday, and then I had a hard time doing anything the rest of the week. (Oops, maybe I should space these things out.)
 |
| All bundled up, and ready to see the lights at Temple Square. |
Something that I've always wanted to be a tradition, and so have tried to go every year, is to see the Christmas Lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake. They are free, and they are beautiful, and especially with Nathaniel working halfway between here and there, I figured it would work really well for us to pick him up on our way up to see the lights. And I was right. I don't know how well the kids liked it, but I sure did. (Plus it wasn't as cold last week as it often is, so I didn't worry about our children freezing)
 |
| Jessica with HER Christmas tree |
|
I'd planned a couple different crafts with Jessica for last week, but most of them fell through. However, the Christmas Tree suncatcher turned out really well. I just had her tear up some tissue paper, and then I put a Christmas Tree cutout "frame" on some contact paper, and helped her stick the tissue paper into the "frame" then I put more contact paper on the back, and duct tape around the edges so it didn't come apart. then we taped it to the window so it would work as a suncatcher. She loves it, and to me there is something extra-special about the home-made (and especially the child-like) decorations.
 |
| "Okay Mama! I've got my boots and mittens on, I'm ready to go out!" |
I mentioned this on Facebook, but I didn't post the picture because I was debating about the fact that she doesn't have clothes on. Too many people who are seriously disturbed out there. But I decided that since she does have a diaper, and her back is turned, it would be okay. So here is Jessica, after she stripped off her jammies, and put on her boots and mittens. She's trying to open the blinds, I think to see her Christmas tree in the window.
 |
| Jessica wanted to "help" open Nathaniel's birthday gifts. |
And last but not least, Nathaniel's birthday was on Friday. Friday night Nathaniel and I went out to see Skyfall (which was great btw) and Saturday afternoon we had "Papa's Birthday" so that Jessica could come. I love that man. He is so wonderful, and gentle, and caring.
 |
| And here we have the cake. |
No comments:
Post a Comment