Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wow!

     That's what I have to say today... "Wow!" This week has been leaps and bounds better than any in recent times. I've done things, and thought things, and entertained thoughts that I don't think I have since before I was pregnant with Jacob. I'm sure many/most of you know that I use doTERRA essential oils, and I believe they work. I did before now. I saw little improvements, such as colds not lasting as long, headaches going away sooner, etc. Well, on Tuesday I found a recommendation to use Frankincense essential oil for depression and for headaches. I used it for a persistent, nasty headache, and it worked, but it was later in the day, so I wasn't able to tell for sure on the depression. But I figured I'd try it for a few days/weeks to see. Nothing else was helping, so I figured it couldn't hurt.
      Wednesday I went to my Mom's as I usually do, but I also took Jessica to a dentist appointment, and went shopping for a bit. Normally, something like that would wipe me out. I'd get home and be unable to do much of anything. Even just going to my Mom's would wipe me out. That's part of why Nathaniel and I tend to have our date nights on Wednesdays, because I can't make dinner that night. Well, we got home from Mom's, and I was able to do dishes, and I cleaned something else, and I think I made cookies or something as well. (I remember we ate out, but it wasn't because I couldn't make dinner. I had energy, I was happy, and I was SHOCKED! I had figured it would help, but I figured it would take a little while to see any effect. My thoughts went something like "I really hope this isn't placebo effect. I wanted this to work so badly it could be. I better try it for a while longer before trusting this, it could have just been a fluke". Thursday: I kept Jessica to only 2 movies that day (extremely unusual for the past few months, much as I hate to admit it) We painted Christmas ornaments, I made a gift for Nathaniel (for whom I'm doing the 12 days of Christmas), as well as working on some other gifts. Plus, and this is the biggest thing to me, when Jessica dumped the paint water all over herself, it didn't phase me! I don't think I can tell you how big of a breakthrough that is for me, because I don't think I can describe the depths that I was in before.Okay, so 2 days in a row, then came the REAL test. Friday was a grocery day. Those are very often my worst days because of all the energy it takes for me to go grocery shopping. I'm basically dead to the world the rest of the day. Plus, trying to keep Jessica under control while we're out and about leaves me drained and feeling about to explode at her. I was still functional! Even with the tragic events on Friday, which hearing about would have sent me spiraling down and not being able to claw my way back up for days, I still was functional. I am convinced. Frankincense is my anti-depressant. My drug of choice. I am literally in tears right now as I am trying to convey how different I feel compared to just a few days ago. Jessica was watching Tarzan and I was dancing with her and Jacob during some of the songs. I don't remember the last time I danced with my children. Sorry, I know that all probably sounded like an advertisement, and I don't mean it to be, I just had to write about the huge change in my life. So, now for everything else...
     I mentioned Jessica's dentist appointment. Unfortunately, Nathaniel and I have not been very good about brushing Jessica's teeth. We're getting better, but still not good. Well, she had 3 small cavities. 1 of them was so small that the dentist wouldn't have done anything about, except that she's been complaining about that one hurting. Now, those of you who have spent much time around Jessica, you know that she has issues with noises. My thought was, the shots aside (which I'm sure would traumatize her by themselves) the sound of the dentist drilling her teeth would probably make it so I'd never get her back in that chair. So, when our dentist offered sedation for her (and especially when I found that our insurance covers it) I leapt at the chance. So, at the beginning of next year (FSA back up) we'll be getting those taken care of.
     And now pictures:
Here's Jessica painting her handprint ornament

And here are the finished ornaments
     Yesterday, we had our Hiatt Christmas party. It was lots of fun, but for me, it was also a bit of a downer. There just seemed to be a giant hole. So it was rough trying to be happy while I was aching inside.
Jessica with her "gingerbread" Christmas tree.

Playing "Pin the present under the tree" Jessica was probably the furthest from the tree of the kids. The adults had to pin a star on top of the tree, and I got all the way over by the hallway instead. I guess she gets it from me. ;)

Jacob needed a nap, but it was too noisy upstairs, so Nathaniel disappeared downstairs with him. So cute when I came down later to find them both asleep.

No comments: