Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

     Happy Easter everyone. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, especially with the holiday, but it was a bit of a rough week for us. (Though, I do have some cute pictures from this weekend, so I'll do those at the end, so as to end on a good note)
      On Tuesday, we got a call from Nathaniel's doctor, there was a scheduling error, and his surgery needed to be moved. Up. To Wednesday. (All sorts of annoying rescheduling for all of our stuff that had already been planned for Wednesday and Thursday) But we worked it out, and really, since Nathaniel's short-term disability only extended through Friday, the extra couple days of recovery before going back to work on Monday are probably a good thing. So, Wednesday morning I dropped him off, and headed over to Mom's. I was able to pick him up around 3, and at that point we found that at least it was worth it.
      The doctor had been unable to determine what was going on with his shoulder and his knee, so he wanted to do the scope, basically just to figure out what was happening. I'm not a fan of surgery anyway, (though I do know that it is needed sometimes and it does save lives) but we had to follow doctor's orders because of the disability leave, so we agreed to the scope. As I said, it ended up being worth it, because Nathaniel had a bone spur in his knee (which needed surgery anyway) and so they removed it while in there. Plus, his shoulder had an enlarged bursa. A bursa is a fluid-filled sac that cushions joints and tendons. With Nathaniel's being enlarged, it was pinching (something, I don't remember what exactly the doctor said, except that it was pinching). So they moved the bursa out of the way, and filed down the bone a bit to make it so that the pinching wouldn't occur anymore. I don't know why it was enlarged, if it was just something he was born with, or if there is something that made it grow extra, but hopefully that should be fixed now too. Yay!
      Recovery has been a beast though. I don't know exactly for Nathaniel, except that he is complaining of pain, and he never does that. So, to me, for him to complain about it means its pretty intense.  However, for me, I will admit that it has been rough taking care of the kids completely solo, especially while trying to keep them away from Nathaniel, and at bedtimes. (Plus Jessica seems to have gone crazy this entire week, and I'm not sure what happened or why)
       But yeah, Nathaniel is supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and neither of us are sure how that's going to work out.
       And now on to the pictures. We had 2 egg hunts yesterday. One that the city was putting on that I took the kids to, and one at my mom's house that was a family party.
Right before the city Easter egg hunt. Jacob wasn't so much a fan of the ears, but he left them on for the picture.

Yeah, and we didn't get much at all, but Jessica didn't know that. I could see other kids baskets though. This was supposed to be the 0-3 year-old hunt, but I think most of the really full baskets were actually the parents. I'm thinking next year we'll do an at home hunt. That way I can make sure my kids get a fair amount.

Grandma, however, is awesome! Jessica's basket was quite full off eggs, and Jacob (being only 1) got 6 eggs. He was more interested in shaking them though, because when they're full of jelly beans, they rattle

Much more interested in shaking them. So much so that when I tried to pick the eggs up he started throwing tantrums, on the cement patio, so he now has a red dot-pattern in the middle of his forehead. (And no, he didn't hit his head very hard)

I also got a very cute picture of Jessica laying next to her cousin, watching him play on his... gameboy? (I'm not sure the exact gaming system) so, know that the cute event happened, but in the interested of my sister-in-law's privacy, as well as her children, I'm not posting that picture.

No comments: