So, Jessica's quotes are all from about the past week. I don't have memory for more than that (and and actually have an even shorter memory, but I had some written in my journal). So, about a week ago (not quite) I was playing with Jessica at breakfast and called her my princess. To which she responded "I'm not a princess, I'm a Jessica." Hilarity ensued. I thought it was great.
The next day was cute/sad. We were getting ready to go to the park, and she was being... difficult. I asked her if she wanted to go to the park, attempting to get her to get ready. She said "I don't wanna go to the park. I wanna go to Oscar and Carley's." And then not too much later she said the same thing, except "I wanna go to Washington". We still went to the park.
Jessica was finally able to go up the ladder by herself. I had to coax her to do so, holding on to her, and then being right there, and then she finally went by herself.
She absolutely loves the big twisty slide. I think when we go to the park our time is spent about equally between the swings and this slide.
And, speaking of swings, there were other kids at the park, so Jessica learned something new.
More recently, I was looking in our drawer for one of Jessica's spoons, and I couldn't find a single one, while there were about 7 forks. I was getting slightly annoyed, so I said "What the heck!?" Jessica, who was sitting right there in her booster seat, decided to pipe up once I found a spoon. I pulled it out and she said "That a what the heck.?" I was so very happy that I don't actually swear. There's been a number of times where she's repeated one of my 'expletives' and I've been glad that I use alternate words.
And the last one actually happened today. She had asked if we were going to Grandma's house, and when I said no, she decided that we must be going somewhere else instead. "Oh, we go to Washington?" When I said "not today", she started getting rather upset. Apparently, Jessica is a fan of Washington.
As for Jacob, well, aside from being absolutely cute/adorable...
He's also hit a couple of milestones. He is now able to sit up for a few seconds at a time. I think the max is somewhere between 10 and 15 seconds, but hey, that's long enough to get a picture. :D He also figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back. Well, sort of. He had rolled onto his tummy, and I was playing with him, making faces, so he was getting very excited. When he gets very excited, his arms and legs start flailing, and pushing off of anything nearby. He was flailing enough that his arm pushed him up at an angle, and the weight of his head did the rest. Now, I would have posted this as a funny, one-time fluke, rather than a milestone, except that it happened 3 or 4 more times that morning. So, if nothing else, he figured out that if he gets excited enough then he'll turn himself over.
The outfit's for you Dad.
And one last picture, we went to a party, and they had face painting there. Surprisingly, Jessica was willing to talk in front of someone she didn't know, and tell us that she wanted to be a blue cat. So here is my little blue cat Jessica. Nathaniel got a picture on his phone of her smiling, but this is the best one I got.



1 comment:
Fabulous pictures! I especially love the one of Jessica on her tummy on the swing. And the blue cat :)
Post a Comment