Tuesday, February 18, 2014

38/39 weeks

     Sigh. Sadly, I did not miss writing on Sunday because of having a baby. No, I was having contractions off and on, but nothing that progressed at all. And maybe 1 or 2 contractions since then. So nope, nothing yet. :( 
     My 37 week appointment (just over a week ago) was an "everything normal" appointment. Timothy was still posterior (facing forward instead of toward my back) but they're not worried, and neither am I. It's not really dangerous, just uncomfortable for the mama during labor, as it can lead to back labor.
      At my 38 week appointment (yesterday, and technically at 38 weeks 5 days) everything was still normal, weight gain, blood pressure, etc. However, this time, Timothy had dropped. Head is at a -1 (I believe the numbers go -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, and then crowning), shoulders are low in pelvis, and my uterus (fundal height) went down to 38 cm. Supposedly this means I should be breathing easier... yeah, that requires having a torso long enough to notice a difference. LoL. Also, Timothy seems to have turned more toward my back, so that should hopefully make things easier. Yay! But yeah... still nothing saying when he'll come. I hate waiting. (movie quote anyone?) Especially when I don't know how long I'll be waiting. Blah. Anyway... I didn't really get a 38 week picture, and since tomorrow is my 39 weeks, and I just took this picture this morning... here I am at 39 weeks.
Yup, 39 weeks still in jammies, and belly BARELY covered, despite wearing a maternity shirt. Not my favorite picture of me, but hey, its all about the bump anyway right?
        I've got a couple things to write about for the past week though! Not everything is baby around here. We do have 2 other kiddos to worry about. Speaking of worrying... On Wednesday (which was Jacob's birthday) I took the kids over to visit my Mom, as we usually do. When we were leaving, as I took them out to the car, I had to let go of Jacob's hand to get my keys out. As per his usual currently, he darted away from me. Only this time, he ran around the car and straight for the road. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue, his going around the car would make it easy to head him off, but I had to set down the bags I was carrying, and then waddle over to where he was. So, since I move so slowly, I had to run. 9 month pregnant and running? Especially when my body has basically required a completely sedentary lifestyle for the last 9 months? OUCH! I did catch him, right before he got to the road (and no, there weren't any cars coming, Mom's road isn't all that busy, but it was still scary) but oh my goodness I hurt. It was really hard to move (more so that normal) the next few days.
      When I got home, I was planning on cleaning as much as I could, because we were having a birthday party for Jacob that evening. I walk in, and Nathaniel had swept, vacuumed and cleaned up the clutter in the living room. I just about cried in relief. I basically didn't have to do anything except get out the plates/bowls/utensils for the cake and ice cream.
      The party was good. Jacob loved the attention, and the opening of the gifts. It was small, and relaxed, and perfect for my pregnant self. I wanted to do my best to make sure he got his day celebrated, despite me being so close, and seeing as he was only 2, it worked out fine to have it so small. Except that after some mishaps in baking the cake, I ended up with a LOT of extra cake and ice cream. Which is great, it tastes awesome, but Nathaniel and I (and especially Jessica and Jacob) really don't need that much sugar.
     So, here are some pictures from the party.
First of all, the cake. Where the Wild Things Are is Jacob's favorite book, so I figured that would be an awesome cake to make. However, looking online, all the models I had to go off of used fondant. So, this is pretty good for my amateur cake-decorating skills.
Opening gifts from Grandma. Jacob finally got the hang of opening gifts. He hadn't QUITE caught on at Christmas, well he sure did now. 
And enjoying gifts. Yay for kids who love to read. I'm hoping all of mine are like this at 2. I know as they get older things can change but if I can instill a love of books early, then it will help.
Fun, cute hat, that I just couldn't help myself but make.
And a much more practical wool knitted hat, that is also very cute. And yay for a hat that actually fits him, and will keep him warm, for whenever it gets cold here again. Cause the past few days haven't been that cold.
Floor cushion/pillow that I had intended to make as a seat for him... hah. It ended up being about as big as he is I swear. It was HUGE! Oh well, fun to roll on.
Blowing out candles. Silly me forgot to turn off the flash on my camera, so you don't see the candles very well. Oh well.
"Hmm... Let's see, what is this that I'm being fed?"
"Yup, I most definitely approve. This is good stuff. "

     Friday was Valentine's Day, but the bigger thing, at least for me, was that it was also my Daddy's birthday, and it was a rough day for me. We did have a good party at my Mom's house, and she did a nice "treasure" hunt for the grandkids, and gave us all a beautiful book about Grandpa Hiatt (Daddy) which, for me, is beautiful, as none of my kids will really remember him or know him, with the possible exception of Jessica. She does still mention him, and recognize his picture, but I don't think she remembers much about him. But yeah, it was a really rough day. Nathaniel and I celebrated Valentine's day the week before with a date, and on Saturday with our gifts. He's doing amazing in that regard. ;) He bought me a super-long strand of black pearls and matching earrings. (and when I say super-long, it's over 70 inches around) But they are beautiful and I love them, and he got them all on his own.
     Saturday Jessica had been invited to a birthday party, so I took her up there. It was at a Michael's craft store, and she got to have some fun painting a frame, making a necklace, and decorating a cupcake. Oh yeah! and she got her face painted.
Very cute glitter butterfly on Jessica's face.
And adding sprinkles to her cupcake, surprised by the camera.
     I also finished making some clothes for her (though I've found a number of places where my seams weren't the greatest, and I need to fix holes) so she was way excited to pick out her own outfit and wear them.

No, I did not intend for these to be worn together. It's not horrible, but the patterns are a little blinding ;) Also, the brown and polka dot shirt she's wearing in the Jacob b-day pictures is another one I made.
    Anyway, yay! at least she now has some warmer clothes that fit her. We've been struggling with that.  
    And yeah, that's my week in review. I'm really hoping for a MUCH more eventful week this week. ;) if you know what I mean. And when I say eventful, I'm obviously meaning one specific event. Cause any other kind of eventful would probably be a bit too rough on my body.

No comments: