Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ready to Pop

      Okay, I'm ready. We can be done now. Oh, is that not how it works? Dang. Well then, I guess I'll wait the (likely) 2 1/2 more weeks until my due date. This pregnancy has definitely been the hardest on me, but, considering the massive anemia, (and other things) I guess that's not terribly surprising. Sigh. Oh well. And, maybe part of it is jealousy. My sister-in-law (due in a week) just had her baby yesterday. So happy and excited for her. Wish so very much that we were up in Washington already so that I could be there for her (at least for a few days right?) and so I could see the baby in person. And... so very jealous that she's done already, and I still have an unknown amount of time (but likely 2.5 weeks) left to go. Anyway...
     My 36/7 week midwife appointment went well. Got everything ordered, (since I'm having an out-of-hospital birth, I have to order things like the PKU test) got everything squared away, all questions on what I needed to bring answered, and everything is progressing as normal. My uterus is measuring at 39 cm; (so 2-3 weeks ahead, but big babies are normal for me so...) weight gain is at pounds, but again, big babies, so I'm not terribly worried; blood pressure and heart rates (mine and baby's) all look fine, and... YAY!!! GBS negative! That means no need to worry about antibiotics or anything like that (which also means no difficult decision on whether to go to the hospital instead, since I tend to have short-ish labors. 
37 weeks, 3 days pregnant
     So, yup, there's my updated picture. Feeling HUGE, picture doesn't seem to show quite how big I am, maybe it's the angle. But I sure feel like a beached whale any time I try to move. I think one of the things I'm looking forward to is being able to reach things again. And I'm not just talking bending over. Doing dishes, or getting dishes out of cupboards is extremely difficult right now. Oh, and being able to roll out of bed myself. That will be nice. ;)

My 2 cuties cuddling while watching a movie
And in Grandma's bed, watching a movie. Spoiled little critters aren't they. ;)

      Of course, I've been spoiled this week too. I got to go on TWO dates with my hubby! My brother and sister-in-law gave us a gift card and a 'coupon' for babysitting for our Christmas gift, and it was awesome. We were able to go to dinner AND a movie! However, I will say, being 8 1/2 months pregnant, sitting through a 3-hour-long movie is really hard on the bladder.  
      And then, for the second date, the young women's group in our ward was doing a fundraiser dinner to raise money for them to go to Girl's Camp this summer. So, we went to support them, and Nathaniel spoiled me by not having it come out of our normal "date" money, and also buying roses and chocolate-covered strawberries for me. 
      He asked if I wanted to use their "photo booth", but since I'm feeling like a beached whale much of the time, and not feeling that I look much better than that (despite what people say, and I'm not fishing for compliments, its just how I feel, even though I know better) I didn't really want to spend money on a photo. 

     So yeah, basically the weeks are filled with me trying to just survive to the next minute, and hoping that Timothy comes sooner rather than later. ;)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That picture of the kids in my bed is darling! I didn't know you took that. I want a copy!